Friday, August 31, 2007

Database Diagrams for Data Port Console

The second release candidate of Data Port Console 1.0 is almost out and while I was removing some bugs, I failed to resist the urge to bring back some code that had been sleeping for amost one year: database diagrams. Yes, coding should also be fun so I decided to add this to the 1.0 and in this post I'm offering my readers the chance to try this new feature. You can create multiple diagrams per database and now all information is persisted as an XML file instead of using the registry. You will also notice that there is a new folder for tables and that you can group them by their first letter. Please let me know what you think about these new features while RC2 is not uploaded to the site. Grab your copy of this interim build here.

No comments: