Monday, February 05, 2007

An unexpectedly good experience

I always hated the idea that Windows Mobile code needs to be signed to properly run on our beloved devices. And I also admit that I have resisted to signing my own code, maybe in a stubborn or lazy way. Signing your code is an expensive thing and I was fearing that it would also be a burdensome and expensive bureaucratic process, so I was delaying the decision to bite the bullet as much as I could.

Well, I have to admit that I wasted a lot of my time procrastinating... After contacting Verisign for the first time on January the 31st, I got the full approval today. Instead of a heavy bureaucratic process, I was only asked for a telephone bill copy. After emailing it last Friday, I got the approval early this morning.

This is still not an inexpensive service, but it certainly is easy to purchase!

No comments: